Due to the ongoing global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) and the likelihood of international borders remaining closed for an extended period of time, Mint Tours has suspended all tours globally until 10th September 2020. This global health crisis has impacted everyone enormously, so we want to make sure your future travel plans are safe and reassure you that we are committed to supporting our customers in the best way that we can.
Firstly, free cancellation of all tour or package bookings for any reason applies up to 10th September 2020, i.e. all deposits or payments made will be fully refunded without service fees applied. If you are booked on a tour that is due to depart from 10th September 2020, there are currently no changes to your tour and it is currently scheduled to depart as planned. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify you directly if your tour is impacted due to the COVID-19 travel ban and quarantine restrictions.
If you are booked on a tour that has been cancelled due to the pandemic, or borders are closed to the country where the tour is based, you will have the option to receive a refund of monies paid* (of your deposit or full payment) or take a travel credit of 100% of monies paid* (of your deposit or full payment). These options exclude flights and insurance as they will have their own booking conditions.
There are two options for redeeming your credit:
- You can re-book a tour now for a future travel date
- You can hold on to your travel credit until you are ready to re-book on a future tour*
*Excluding the Canada Baldface Tour.
If you choose to cancel your tour booking departing from 10th September 2020 onwards, the standard cancellation terms and conditions at the time you booked are still applicable. You can view our terms and conditions HERE
A safe and responsible return to travel
As we start planning our return to running tours, the safety and wellbeing of our travellers, staff and suppliers will remain our priority and our return to operations will be done in a safe and responsible way. We have reviewed all our health and safety policies and are implementing new minimum standards that emphasise increased hygiene and sanitation. These are in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization and following the World Travel & Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travel protocols for tour operators.
Before travelling, we recommend you check your government’s travel advisory and the World Health Organization website for the most up to date information about destinations and permitted travel from each country.
Skiing and Snowboarding naturally include social distance, however, there are often concentration zones and high-traffic areas where COVID-19 transmission risk is higher. Thus, we have implemented the following protocols for concentrated spaces such as lifts, warming areas, and other skiing and snowboarding related facilities.
Pre-Arrival, Instruction and Briefing
Prior to travel and prior to commencement of tour, we will ask guests to;
- Self-assess their physical condition and self-screen their risk profile. If guests have symptoms, however mild, or are in a household where someone has symptoms, they are advised to stay at home.
- Ask guests and staff to monitor their own health, display appropriate signage on COVID-19 symptoms, educate staff on how to identify COVID-19 symptoms and describe COVID-19 symptoms in group meetings.
- Facilitate the removal of guests or staff who show symptoms of COVID-19 and are either unable to or unwilling to be tested, Mint reserves the right to remove them from our tours to prevent any risk to others.
- Avoid developed (busy) resorts which tend to be more congested.
- Where possible, we will strive to keep tour participant numbers as low as reasonably possible. We will favour small groups tours with a maximum of 6 guests.
- Physical distancing will be practiced as much as practically possible during our tours. Our tour leaders will promote the shared responsibility for distancing.
- We will implement the use of face coverings when in situations of higher risk of virus transmission. Examples include: when using transportation, during close-proximity instruction, in lines, lifts or gondolas, on crowded slopes where distancing is difficult to maintain, and when taking a break from the elements in heated areas where people congregate.
- Prepare for interaction with people external to your group which might not know, or be following, the same health and safety standards that we require of our guests.
- Provide ample access to sanitizer. We ask that guests sanitize hands when entering any building or congregating, before starting an activity, and as often as needed throughout the activity.
For further information regarding our COVID-19 policies please get in touch email@example.com