EUROPE SNOWBOARD TOURS
Svanstein Ski, Lucky Ranch, Pyhä & Pyhä-Luosto Backcountry
This isn’t your average adventure. If you want to experience the real Arctic regions of Finland and Sweden, the places you won’t find in a guidebook, then it’s time to sign up for this tour. You’ll get a unique insight into this region from our local Finnish and Swedish snowboard guides. These guys have been riding here for years, and they will surprise you with the places we visit and terrain you’ll ride.
Our group will spend 8 days traveling through this region and riding at uniquely Arctic resorts and wilderness areas, including Svanstein Ski, Pyhä & the Pyhä-Luosto backcountry. Alongside snowboarding, you will also get the opportunity to experience unique Lappish activities, including a traditional Smoke Sauna & ice hole swimming, bask in the amazing natural beauty of the Arctic Circle and Northern Lights, and sample many of the local activities like ice hole swimming, sauna and husky sledding.
You will also get to experience Snow Surfing, which at it’s core, is a return to the roots of snowboarding. We will visit the ILAHU Factory where you can see how their snow surf boards are shaped. We’ll take a few demo boards, and you’ll get to ride these hand-crafted shapes in the local hills and backcountry areas. You’ll get to experience binding-free riding, propelled by gravity. Similar to surfing and skateboarding, the lack of bindings allows exploration of how stance and position affect the ride. It conveys the spirit and original stoke of surfing and gives the rider a connection with nature. It opens up the backcountry and backyard hills to new forms of riding and exploration.
Here’s what to expect on our Arctic Lapland Tour:
- You’ll ride in Finland and Sweden at local resorts and backcountry areas including Svanstein Ski. WATCH HERE
- You’ll have the best chance at witnessing the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) on the cold, clear nights. WATCH HERE
- You’ll get to experience snowboarding culture in the Arctic Circle while travelling with our local guides.
- You’ll get to go snow surfing in the Finnish backcountry with snowmobile assisted ascents. WATCH HERE
- You’ll have the opportunity to sample many of the local activities like ice fishing, ice hole swimming, sauna, husky sledding, ice karting and snowmobiling.
We have limited spots available for this tour.